Types of optimization
With SEO promotion, you can use different ways to achieve results. Some are quite acceptable, and some are punishable by sanctions from search engines. So, there are three types of optimization, which are named by colors: white, gray and black.
It includes various works that are allowed by search engines and comply with their recommendations. This type of optimization is also called natural. Briefly, it includes the following works:
- html code improvement;
- download speed optimization;
- improving the design, structure and functionality of the site;
- creating unique and high-quality content;
- work with internal links;
- filling title, h1, description;
- work with behavioral factors, i.e. improving the duration of stay of users on the site and the depth of browsing.
- White hat optimization includes a large number of works, which we will discuss below when it comes to internal and external website optimization.
It uses both white hat methods and those that are not recommended by search engines. For example:
- work with external links, for example, buying SEO links on stock exchanges, manual placement in directories and thematic portals.
- content creation, where much attention is paid to keywords in texts, title, h1 and description, and not to its content and quality.
- creation of satellites (specially created sites to receive traffic) necessary to help the main site to reach the TOP of search engines, for example, using links to your resource.
- Search engines have special algorithms and filters that fight gray search engine optimization methods. Such methods must be used carefully and wisely.
The most unscrupulous species that violates the rules of search engines. Using this method, it is easy to get a filter from Yandex or Google. Consider the methods of black hat SEO:
- Creation of doorways with meaningless content and repetition of certain keywords. Created to redirect to another site.
- Cloaking is a method of deception in which the displayed content differs depending on whether it is a real user or a search engine robot.
- Placement of hidden text with keywords on the page intended not for users, but for robots.
- Putting a one-pixel link (1×1 pixel link) to increase the authority of the site (the one to which this link refers). The link is not visible to visitors, but is indexed by the robot.
- Swapping, in which content is replaced after the page is indexed. As a result, users see irrelevant content with a large number of links. The purpose of swapping is to make a profit from the sale of links.
- Next, let’s look at SEO from the other side: what types of SEO optimization exist according to the features of the work.
Internal optimization is all those works that are either carried out within the site or aimed at the internal component of the site to improve indexing and better ranking of the site in search engines. This is the largest layer of work carried out by an SEO specialist. Let’s take a look at the most basic ones:
- Selection of the semantic core.
Removal of positions on the selected core.
Distribution of keywords across pages (clustering).
- Setting up the robots.txt file.
Create or update a sitemap for search engines sitemap.xml.
Finding and eliminating errors in the code: errors in layout, formatting, styles, etc.
Elimination of duplicate pages, test and blank pages.
Checking and setting up 301 redirects (for example, from www to without www).
Checking and setting up a 404 page: 404 response and appropriate external design.
Adding semantic markup: for contact details, breadcrumbs, products, etc.
Checking and improving CMS capabilities (for example, placing meta tags).
Checking the functionality of the functionality (for example, testing the application submission form) and introducing new functionality (for example, filtering the product).
Connecting an SSL certificate.
Improvements to pagination pages (elimination of duplicate texts, uniqueization of meta tags, etc.)
Breadcrumb check and refinement (for example, so that the last navigation item does not refer to itself).
Analysis and improvement of site loading speed.
Creating pages or adjusting the structure.
Mobile version or adaptive layout.
Installation of statistics systems on the site: Yandex.Metrika, Google Analytics, etc. And their configuration. Setting goals.
Checking the correctness and setting up the addressing of the site (NC).
Checking or creating a site favicon.
Search and elimination of “broken” links, redirects.
Finding and removing (closing with nofollow) external links.